Volunteering opportunities with The Real Junk Food Project Leicester
Fancy joining our amazing team?
Being a volunteer with us is hugely rewarding as you’ll be helping to save the environment by diverting perfectly edible food from landfill and serving it to the public. You also get to engage with the community, make friends with our fab team, learn new skills, benefit from training opportunities and get paid in food!
How can you help?
We have many volunteering opportunities that you can get involved with to ensure you find the roles that suit you and the best thing is you don’t need to have experience for most of them.
Our roles are:
- Café support:
- Cooking and food preparation
- Back of house support (kitchen assistant, washing up, cleaning)
- Front of house support (waiting tables, clearing up, cleaning)
- Food collection
- Social media and communications
- Volunteer support
- Event support (such as preparation, promotion and support at events)
- Promotion and marketing
- Art and designing
- Administration support
- Fundraising and funding support
We greatly appreciate any time, skills and resources that you are able to donate. Without the efforts of volunteers, social enterprise like ours would not exist. You can get involved in as many of the activities as you’d like and while we assign some roles depending on commitment levels, qualifications, interests and skill sets, you will be more than welcome to help out wherever you can.
When can you help?
We are very flexible with our volunteers and we’re happy to have you help how ever much you can – your level of involvement is up to you. Our volunteers vary from those that take on various roles throughout the week, to those that join us at weekly/fortnightly cafés, to those that give us time whenever they can (often for specific projects and events).
Our regular weekly café shifts that you can help at are:
- 9am – 2pm
- 3 – 7pm
- 6:30 – 9:30pm
- 9am – 1pm
- 12 – 4pm
In addition to the café shifts there are activities outside of these particular time slots, such as event preparation and delivery shifts, food collection, fundraising, promotions and more.
Let’s get you signed up!
Joining us is simple!
1. Start by filling in our Volunteer Registration Form, it lets you tell us a little bit about you and how you’d like to get involved.
We’ll then get in touch with you and arrange the first meeting, be it for a café shift or another one of our roles. At the first meeting we’ll discuss what roles you’re interested in and introduce you to the different elements of our project and we’ll arrange next steps for you.
2. If you have Facebook, we also ask that you please join our Facebook TRJFP Leicester Volunteers Group, this is where we keep volunteers up-to-date on the week’s activities and do call outs for volunteer support.
Please do also like and share our public Facebook page we’d love for as many people to know about our mission as possible.
Did we answer all your questions?
If you have any other questions about the project and the roles available, please feel free to email us on: email@example.com